Nothing catches the eye more than plants in pristine condition! Your plants are staples on your property, and you want to keep them looking their best year-round. While they may be low-maintenance or have adapted to the Texas environment, you can help them thrive by trimming and pruning them, fertilizing them, and checking them for diseases or insect infestations and treating them if necessary. Trimming and pruning services will help enhance their aesthetics and health, while fertilization treatments supply them with the nutrients they need to thrive. Lastly, checking for and treating diseases and insect infestations prevents them from spreading to other plants and gets them back on the road to good health. With these services, you can ensure your trees and shrubs remain healthy and well-manicured additions to your property.
1. Trim & Prune Your Trees & Shrubs
Trimming and pruning your trees and shrubs is crucial to keeping them in pristine condition. However, it's important to understand the differences between them:
- Trimming is comparable to routine maintenance and is mainly for the aesthetics of your plants. Trimming involves removing overgrowth and any unkempt, stray branches to maintain their natural shape and appearance. Clearing out unnecessary foliage and overgrown branches will also give other parts of the plant better access to sunlight. You can trim your plants to spruce them up any time they start to look unruly.
- Pruning benefits the health of your plants by removing dead, dying, or diseased branches. Removing these branches will prevent the issue from spreading and frees up nutrients for the healthy parts. However, pruning is more invasive than trimming and can harm your plants if done incorrectly or at the right time. Make sure you only prune your plants when they need it and when they can endure it.
You should hire professionals to trim and prune your plants because they will know when and how to trim and prune them to prevent harming them.
2. Fertilize Your Plants Twice a Year
Fertilizing your plants twice a year will help keep them in pristine condition year-round! Fertilization plays an important role in caring for your plants because it supplies them with the essential nutrients that they need to thrive - nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. These nutrients help your plants establish strong roots, grow healthy green foliage, and become more resilient to stressors, including diseases and insect infestations. By fertilizing your plants twice a year, you'll ensure that they always have a consistent supply of the nutrients that they need.
3. Check & Treat Your Trees & Shrubs for Diseases & Insect Infestations
Checking your trees and shrubs frequently for signs of diseases and insect infestations is essential to keeping them healthy; this can help you catch problems early before they become worse and spread. If you notice any signs of diseases or insect infestations, you will want to treat them immediately so they don't spread or cause too much damage.
Some indications that your plants may be suffering from a disease or insect infestation include discoloration, spotty leaves, and peeling bark.
Schedule our services to keep your trees and shrubs in pristine condition!
At Salcido Lawn, we offer plant trimming and pruning, fertilization, and disease and insect control services to keep your trees and shrubs in pristine condition! Our experts will ensure they trim and prune your plants at the right time to optimize their curb appeal and health. We will also fertilize them via deep root injections to deliver the nutrients directly to the roots. However, that's not all! We can apply curative treatments to your plants if we notice any signs of diseases or insect infestations.
We offer our services to residential, commercial, and HOA properties in and around Tyler, Whitehouse, and Flint, TX. You can rest assured we will deliver high-quality services to ensure your plants are the epitome of health and beauty. Call us at (903) 502-0669 to schedule our tree and shrub care services today!